Saturday, March 8, 2014

It's been a busy busy 2014 thus far.

Hello friends!

I apologize for my absence in the past few months as many things have changed in my life. Since my last post, I have moved halfway across the state AND got married! My husband was offered a position in DFW in December and we had exactly two weeks from that date to pick up and move away from our cushy little small town, double-wide life. There are far more opportunities here for advancement in our careers in the future, and the opportunity just made sense for us.

AND THEN we decided that we didn't want to wait to get hitched, so we did it in our own little unconventional sort of way. Weddings are expensive to say the least, and for those of you who know me very well would say that this was a very Danielle thing for me to do. I'm definitely not what you would call 'traditional.' For us to save up for something traditional would have taken far longer than we wanted to wait. We will have a post nuptial soirĂ©e for all of our close friends and loved ones later on this year after the weather is nice and toasty again. I wouldn't recommend this choice for everyone though, just to be clear.

So now that we're up here, I've been on the job hunt. It has not been a walk in the park as our economy still hasn't quite recovered. Sometimes this degree I just received seems as if it isn't worth quite as much as I paid with it, I'm sad to say. It's a hard world out there right now for everyone, I'm sure. I have some prospects lined up so hopefully I'll have this figured out before too terribly long.

For the first few weeks up here, I tried my hand at Crossfit. I LOVED IT. I had to come home and relax in a hot bath every time I went because I was that darn sore. I learned a lot, and I'm still working out at my own pace, but it's not a cheap endeavor to get into. So Crossfit has been put on the back burner at the moment, but I am looking forward to the day I can go back. The group encouragement is enough to make you love it, and all the trainers I have met are beyond welcoming and warm people.

I'll give y'all something better soon :)
Have a fantastic weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment